Tuesday 17 June 2008

Getting settled in my new home

Hello again,
I have just got so much news at the moment. It is lovely here, but between you and me, they are a bit mean because I never get the comfy bed or the sofa..... something to do with 2 of the new people being smaller than average (kids I think they are called) . Well, seems like they are good enough at fussing, so that is the important thing.
First night was fairly easy, everyone went to bed , lights out and went to sleep. I would like a bit more choice on the bed front but Muffy the lurcher girl seems to think that she has first choice and I don't want to be impolite, do I ? Ollie, however, is a greyhound boy and of course knows his place at the bottom of the pecking order (talking of which, can you believe they have chicken things here running outside). I just don't seem to catch what Muffy says sometimes, sghe is a real grump and how am I meant to know what she is grumpy about. I just go with the flow and do a play bow and that really throws her. She'll learn soon enough, I suppose.
Stairs - well, I thought I had stairs all sewn up but no, these ones are all wooden and slippy which made me feel a bit silly really! I can do them now though and come and go as I please.
On to one of my favourite subjects- food. Can you believe that I am not allowed some food particularly on the table or in someone's hand even if I do a really good jump to reach it. There is a lot of this dry crunchy stuff though and I sample it a few times a day but it never seems to run out so I keep going back for just a little bit but it is such hard work that I don't eat too much and get full up.
Sleep is another favourite and I get lots of it. There is a lovely little bed in the conservatory which is so warm but I can't stay there too long. So reluctantly I have to play what my new mum calls 'musical beds'. We all move around a bit for a bit of a change. Don't tell dad, but mum got another bed today when she was getting some food for those chickens. Why keep silly chickens when you can keep us dogs is what I say.
Well got to go now. So many new things happening. I'll add a bit more later. Also I think mum should get a few more photos, don't you?
Millie

No comments: